To visit the UAE, you will require a visa, along with your passport. However, for people from most countries around the world such as UK, USA, Schengen countries, etc, the visa is issued on arrival in the UAE. They do not have to apply for it before the arrival. The same goes for people belonging to the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, etc. However, for the other countries, the permit has to be attained before traveling. The UAE visa is in the form of an e-visa, and as a result, is easier to obtain.
How to Get UAE Visa?
The process of obtaining a visa is quite different from other countries. To answer the question on how to apply for UAE visa, you will have to first understand that for normal passport holders, the UAE embassy does not issue this. The applications require you to have a sponsor and therefore, is done with the help of UAE based airlines, or a travel agency, or a hotel. These factions apply for a visa on your behalf to the official issuing authority in the UAE. Since the offline mode is no longer used, you will have to apply for UAE Visa online. The procedure is as follows –
- Choose the method of application that is easier for you. While choosing travel agencies, ensure that they are well-reputed and genuine.
- Now, determine the type of visa you require.
- Once you do that, obtain the necessary documents as per your visa type.
- Fill in the application form available at the airline websites, or at the travel agencies.
- The necessary documents must be then uploaded to the respective online portals.
- Proceed to pay the visa fees online.
- Submit your application.
Your visa will start being processed now. Once your UAE Visa has been approved, you will receive it via email. Always ensure that you provide the correct details along with genuine documents. You may get a visa denial if your application is incorrect. This may cause you from not being able to apply for the visa in the future.
Please note that if you are flying to Dubai via their home-based airlines, you can apply through Dubai Visa Service Centres located all over India. If you are being sponsored by a relative or friend, they can apply for you at a visa issuing authority located in UAE. Diplomatic and special passport holders will have to apply through the UAE Embassy in India.
UAE Visa Types
Based on the different purpose, type of entry and length of stay, the UAE Visa Types can be commonly categorized into the following –
- UAE Transit Visa – The transit permit for UAE is issued if you are travelling to another country via the UAE, and all you need is to stay in the country for a few days in transit. This type is issued for two periods such as –
- 48-hour transit
- 96-hour transit
- Service – This type of permit allows you to stay in the country for a period of 14 days from the day of arrival. This is mainly used by people travelling for commercial and business purposes. This is a single-entry type.
- UAE Tourist Visa – The tourist visa allows the individual to stay in the country for a period of up to 30 days. There are two types of tourist permits based on the entry types.
- Single-Entry Tourist
- Multiple-Entry Tourist
- Long Term Tourist – These are issued for people wanting to stay in the country for a longer period. The visa is issued for a duration of 90 days. Based on the type of entry, these can be classified into the following two –
- Long Term Single-Entry Tourist
- Long Term Multiple-Entry Visit
Documents Required for UAE Visa
The documents required totally depends on the type of visa. It also depends on the eligibility criteria that makes you qualify for the type. In general, however, the following are the list of documents necessary –
- A valid Passport – up to at least 6 months from the date of arrival in UAE (ordinary passports)
- Colour copies of your passport bio page and last page
- Confirmed round trip flight tickets
- 2 Coloured photographs
- Proof of employment