South Africa Visa
The South African visa is an endorsement that lets you enter the Republic of South Africa for various purposes. A lot of nationalities do not need a visa to enter the country. However, as far as India is concerned, only the official, diplomatic, and service passport holders are exempt. All the ordinary passport holders will need an India to South Africa visa to enter the country.
How to Apply for South Africa Visa?
The application for the South Africa Visa for Indian citizens is largely done offline. Before starting the application, you must ensure that you are eligible to travel to the country on a particular category.
Note that you will have to provide your biometrics at the VAC. As a result, they will be taking your digital photograph, as well as fingerprint scans.
Also, ensure that you provide correct information and genuine documents. Providing false information and fake documents are grounds for visa rejection.
South Africa Visa Types
Based on the purpose of your visit, the South African entry permits can be classified into the following different types –
- Tourism – This is granted for people who are travelling to the country to take part in tourism, spend their holiday, visit their family or friends, etc.
- Business meeting/Conferences – This type of visa is issued for people visiting South Africa to take part in business-related activities.
- Research/Training – This is issued if you are travelling to the country to take up research work or training in the country.
- Study – This type is granted if you have to visit the country to pursue education.
- Work – These are for people who have to go to South Africa to take part in long term work activities.
- Relative – This is issued to people who are an immediate family member of a citizen or permanent resident living in South Africa.
Apart from these, there are also a few other categories. However, these are the most common ones for Indians travelling to South Africa.
South Africa Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
As per the South Africa visa policy, the documents required for South Africa visa are as follows. However, note that based on the exact type of the document, there will be additional documentation required.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended travel.
- Filled application form.
- Photos as per the specifications.
- Covering letter explaining the visit.
- Confirmed flight tickets.
- Proof of accommodation such as hotel bookings, an invitation letter from the host, etc.
- Bank statements for the past 3 months.