Regardless of what the purpose of the visit is, everyone requires a visa to enter Kuwait. The time period and entries depend on the type of Kuwaiti visa. However, for citizens from the GCC countries, and from a selected list of countries, they can apply for a Kuwait visa online in the form of a tourist Kuwait e-visa. Indian citizens residing in a GCC country can also avail this facility. For all other individuals, and types, the application has to be submitted at the embassies.
How to get Kuwait Visa?
The question of how to get Kuwait Visa from India can be answered depending on the type of visa you require. Since the applications for tourist Kuwait Visa online issues an e-visa. For other types, the procedure can be done in multiple ways given below –
- Collect all the documents required for that particular visa application.
- Download the Kuwait visa application form from the website of the Kuwait embassy in India.
- Complete the form and affix the photographs.
- Submit the completed application form and the documents to the nearest Kuwaiti embassy or visa application centre approved by the Kuwait government.
The above procedure is a general procedure for you to apply by yourself. However since all the visas require a sponsor, you can ask your Kuwaiti sponsor to apply for the visa from Kuwait for you. Alternately, you can apply at the office of Kuwait Airlines, or a hotel who will act as your sponsor. In case you choose to apply via a sponsor, you will receive a faxed copy of your approved visa from them. The sponsor will then deposit the original permit at the port of entry, and you will then have to collect the Kuwait Visa on arrival at the airport.
Please note that you complete the application accurately and that you provide genuine documents. Any false information or documents can get your application rejected. A visa refusal is a serious issue that may prevent you from being able to get another visa.
Kuwait Visa types
There are multiple types of permits available to visit the country depending on the motive of the trip. The major types can be classified into the following –
- Transit – This type of permit is required only when Kuwait is a port of transit for your journey to another destination.
- Tourist – also known as the Kuwait e-visa, this is used for the purpose of tourism. It, however, is the only type where there is an option to apply for Kuwait visa online. The tourist permit is issued for a duration of 90 days with only a single entry.
- Visitor – The visit visa is issued for individuals who want to visit the country for business purposes, or for visiting family. The visa is issued for a period of 30 days. This type can be further classified into –
- Business visit
- Relative visit
- Residence – The resident permit is issued for people who have to stay in the country for a longer period as a part of work, family, or other activities. There are a few types of this visa as follows –
- Family (Dependent)
Kuwait Visa documents required
As per the Kuwait visa requirements for Indian citizens, the following are a set of standard documents required for the application. However, depending upon the Kuwait visa types, there will be additional proof necessary.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel
- Duly filled and signed visa application forms
- Covering letter
- Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Proof of funds to support your stay
- Proof of sponsorship or Invitation