Turkey is a popular tourist destination for its rich history, pristine beaches, along with its exciting nightlife and delicious food. How can we forget its age-old historical sites and its relaxing Mediterranean weather? Moreover, applying for a Tourist visa from India to explore Turkey is hassle-free. This is the reason why thousands of Indians plan trips to Turkey with friends and family every year.
If you are interested in visiting the beautiful country, we are here to tell you all you must know about the process of visa application. Let’s get to know all the details about it.
Indian citizens and Turkey Visa
Earlier, when Indians travelled to Turkey, they got the Visa on their arrival. This system was abolished in the year 2014. Now you’ll require an electronic visa for entering Turkey. For Indian inhabitants, the validity period of the Turkey Visa is 90 days.
Types of Visa offered by Turkey to Indians:
Turkey grants different kinds of Visa and you can choose one based on your reason behind the visit.
- Tourist Visa- Tourist Visa is for people planning a vacation, or this one is suitable for those who want to attend an exhibition or seminar if they want to involve in sportive activity or any cultural activity. This is the most common type.
- Education Visa- Education Visa is for those who travel for an internship or higher education. It is also known as a student visa.
- Official Visa- Official Visa is basically for duty assignment and courier.
- Work Visa– If you are going to Turkey as an assigned journalist or an artist, you need a work visa. It is also appropriate for accredited academics, free-zone labours, and all those who want to travel for employment.
- Other Visa- People visiting Turkey for health treatment, family union or making a documentary comes under this particular category.
Steps to follow for applying online:
You can easily download the application form for a Turkey Visa. You have to follow these simple steps:
- Fill all the accurate details in the online form
- Pay the fee with your debit card or credit card
- The third step is to wait for them for the approval of your application
- After they process the Visa, you will immediately receive the Visa through email. There is no need to visit any embassy and spend precious hours waiting for the Visa.
If you want a Turkish Visa from India, you need to have several documents. A valid passport is the most crucial document. Certain nationalities need to provide supporting documents like residence permit.
Indians can easily avail a Turkish tourist e-Visa through an online application. Take a print out of the e-Visa before your journey to Turkey. In case any problem arises at the computer terminals after your arrival, you can show the printed copy as well.